This is my breakfast most days, especially workdays when I wake up as late as possible and chug this stuff with all my old-man pills on the drive to work. It's more like medicine than food. Not recommended, but it does its job.
- 2 heaping scoops vanilla flavored powdered whey protein
- 1 heaping teaspoon ground flax meal
- filtered water
- hot water
- 1 heaping teaspoon raw powdered cacao (cocoa powder, but fancy)
- 2 heaping teaspoon ends matcha powder (yes, the handle of a teaspoon)
- some ice cubes
- maple syrup (very optional, and not recommended)
- regular old teaspoon
- 27 oz. Klean Kanteen
- glass or mug
2. Fill container less than halfway with filtered water, seal, and shake hard.
3. Dump matcha powder and cacao powder into mug/glass of hot water and stir.
4. Add hot water mixture to container (along with maple syrup if you want this to be palatable, but don't mind loosing out on the supposed weight loss benefit of 30 grams of protein within 30 minutes of waking).
5. Add enough ice cubes to raise water level to just below the neck of the container.
6. Seal and agitate some more.
7. Heaven help you.
At one point I was adding the Nativas superfood blend of hemp, maca, and cacao (thanks to a price mix-up at Wholefoods), but it made my mouth raw. I suspect the hemp, but would have to try it or the maca separately to be sure. I plan on adding freeze dried nettle leaf to the mix next time we do a bulk order from Frontier.