We try to avoid refined sugars so that when we do use sugar we can at least pretend it's not doing us any harm. Powdered sugar was the major stumbling block, but no longer.
- 1 cup unrefined sugar (evaporated cane juice, demerara, turbinado)
- 1 tsp cornstarch (this reduces clumping)
- blender or food processor with a spice attachment, or coffee mill
2. And pulse.
3. And pulse, and pulse, and pulse.
4. As the sugar becomes a powder its cohesion increases, and it will begin to climb the sides. If it starts to hit the top of the spice attachment, that's probably good enough. In the picture above it's almost to that point.
Options: I wonder if you could do this with sucanat? Or granulated maple sugar? That would be weird.