This is dead simple if you make your own kefir (which, by the way is pronounced keh-FEER, not KEE-fur, not that I will ever correct you in public, just don't try to correct me).
- strained milk kefir, any amount under 1/2 gallon
- large bowl
- cheesecloth, or clean flour sack kitchen towel
- string or twine
2. Pour kefir into the cheesecloth/bowl.
3. Gather up the ends of the cheesecloth and wrap them together with the string.
4. Tie the end of the string to the door knob of a cabinet door so the entire bundle hangs over the bowl.
5. Strain for 6-12 hours.
6. Remove cheese from the cloth and refrigerate.
7. Save the whey that has collected in the bowl for lacto-fermented recipes, either in the fridge or freezer.
If the kefir has been in the fridge for a few days and is extra sharp I use the resulting cheese for cheesecake.