The Principle (as a ratio per 2 eggs)
- 2 eggs : flour 1/3 cup : milk 1/3 cup
- butter 1-1 ½ tbsp per egg
- some salt
- some vanilla extract
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-6 cardamom pods, husks removed, seeds ground
- ½-1 apple, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (½ stick) butter
- mixing bowl
- 10 inch cast iron skillet
2. Whisk flour into eggs until fully incorporated.
3. Add salt, cardamom, and vanilla extract.
4. Slowly whisk in milk.
5. Melt butter in preheated skillet.
6. Scatter apple slices in melted butter.
7. Pour batter over apples (they'll float).
8. Bake for 15 minutes.
9. Serve with powdered sugar, or maple syrup, or both, or jam, or anything really.