This is modified from Jami's mom's chocolate chip cookie recipe. I made cookies for my advisees' birthdays their freshman year. Jami helped out a couple of times, and due to ingredient availability issues (oh no, we're out of butter!) she developed and new and all-together even more delicious version.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 (+ optional 1/3) cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- stand mixer
- baking sheets
- cooling racks
2. Cream butter, oil, sugars, and vanilla extract.
3. Add eggs to creamed sugar mixture.
4. Mix remaining dry ingredients together and add slowly to wet ingredients (add extra flour if dough seems too loose).
5. Add chocolate chips.
6. Spoon heaping tablespoons of dough onto baking sheets
7. Bake for 9 minutes.
8. Makes between 36 and 45 cookies (depending on size)
This recipe provided at Brenda's special request. Happy baking!